Spring Sports Preview: Boys JV Soccer

With a new season under way, the boys junior varsity (JV) soccer team has been practicing everyday with the hope to be undefeated.

Last year, the team had a 5-7-1 record. Because of the strong competition, the key games to watch this year will be; Stone Bridge, Tuscarora, Rock Ridge, Broad Run, and Briar Woods High school.

The key returning players this year are: junior striker Roger Castro, sophomores midfielder Kevin Cox, defender Tayseer Hannan, forward Samir Yusufzai, and goalkeeper Carlos Santos. Upcoming freshman defender Peter White and newly added sophomore center midfielder Michael Fuesel will be key to their success. The team competes with the expectation to win.

“I played for the JV team [last year], it was a lot of fun, I’m hoping to have more fun this year,” said Santos

During practice they have been working on penalty kicks, defense, and organization on the field. Since most of the players are experienced, learning the basics isn’t their main priority. They are more focused on how to make the game fun and win.

“We work well [as a team], but let’s win,” said White.

Having won their first game of the season. The boys are not only putting in the effort in practice, but also on the field.In preparation gor thier next game, the boys are conditioning harder than ever. They have high expectations but they need all support they can get.

“Family and friends should come out and watch we really like the support,” said Cox.

Key games to attend:

Rock Ridge Mar. 28 2016 (away)

Stone Bridge Mar. 30 2016 (home)

Briar Woods April 4 2016 (away)

Tuscarora April 7 2016  (home)

Click here to see a complete schedule for the season: http://potomacfallsathletics.org/main/team/id/20898