Spring Sports Preview: Boys’ JV Lacrosse

A closer look at this year’s boys’ JV lacrosse team

With another season comes another class of freshman, ready to start their journey through the ranks of the school’s lacrosse program. Junior varsity is this starting point; however, for the first time in Potomac Falls’ history, not everyone was taken. Multiple people were cut, but those who’ve made it through seem to be making an impact. The JV team won their scrimmage 6-4, on Wed., Mar. 8 over George Mason. With notable contributions from freshmen like Justin Harrison and Collin Araque, the team managed to get a win under their belt.

The freshmen are learning how to balance school and sports, which is something they have not had to do yet in their lives.

“Playing at a high school level is very fun and is a great experience but at the same time it is a lot of work and stressful when it comes to trying to keep good grades,” said freshman Perry Ayers.

The team also is home to a new face that is not a freshman, junior Ryan Pagenelli. Pagenelli had previously ran track, but made the switch to lacrosse this year after pressure from his football captain, senior Matt Macioce.

“[Lacrosse is] a little different from what I expected,” said Pagenelli.

The Panthers look capable of winning multiple games this year, something that the JV program hasn’t done in over 4 years. If they don’t though, the team will be content with just playing and having fun, according to Pagenelli.

“The goal is to have fun,” said Pagenelli.

Key Games:

The team starts their season off at home against Heritage at 6 p.m. on March 14.

The Panthers take on Rock Ridge at home on March 23 at 6 p.m.