Which VA college is right for you?

Highlight of Virginia’s best and most popular colleges

1. George Mason University: Fairfax, VA               

It’s close, but really, how often do you go to Fairfax?  Some of Mason’s most popular majors include information technology, psychology, and accounting.

(Photo from news.gmu.edu)

If you can live on campus, and even if you can’t , GMU can be just as much of a college experience as other popular Virginia schools.

(Photo from news.gmu.edu)

A huge perk of this school is that, given it’s proximity to D.C., the internship opportunities are endless.

2.University of Virginia: Charlottesville, VA

It is a medium-sized school with 16,087 undergrad students and ideal if you’re hoping to major in business, law, or medicine.

(Photo from Pinterest.com)

The gorgeous campus draws in students who love the outdoors.

(Photo from PiBetaPhi.org)

UVA might be a good fit for you if you’re looking to get involved with Greek life, as it is a prominent aspect for their students. 

3. Virginia Commonwealth University:  Richmond,VA

Great if you’re hoping to major in business/marketing, medical professions, and the visual arts.  

(Photo from flickr.com)

The atmosphere will be awesome for you if you’re more of a city person, which Richmond provides.

(Giph from Giphy.com)

It’s pretty exciting.

4.Virginia Tech University:  Blacksburg, VA

Virginia Tech is large university with 24,034 undergrad students and is great if you’re hoping to major in architecture, engineering, or business.

(Photo from unirel.vt.edu)

The school has also been repeatedly rated number one for campus food in the country by The Princeton Review.

(Photo from inventyourfuture.vt.edu)

I mean how cute are Hokies?

5. James Madison University: Harrisonburg, VA

Great if you’re hoping to major in music, law, or business.

The Southern Virginia campus is also located in a mountainous area, and features NCAA Division Sports and has an acceptance rate of 60.5 percent.

(Photo from jmu.edu)

For more information, check out:  http://www.princetonreview.com/schools/college/collegebasics.aspx?iid=1023962.

6. College of William and Mary:  Williamsburg, VA

Located in the Colonial Williamsburg area, William and Mary is well suited for those who have an appreciation for history.

(Photo from Wavy.com)

This would be an ideal school for you if you are hoping to major in the social sciences, literature, or other liberal arts degrees.

(Photo from Sweetgrassadventures.com)

While very academically rigorous, the campus’ beauty seems to make it worth it.

7.Christopher Newport University:  Newport News, VA

CNU has an internationally acclaimed business program and is great for many liberal arts majors.

(Photo from City-data.com)

This school is great if you’re looking for a close-knit campus (it only has 5,094 undergrads) and a suburban feel.  It is also located just miles from the ocean, and has beach-town vibe.

(Photo from USNews.com)

Being one of the newest schools, CNU is constantly expanding and improving for the best student experience.

For more information, visit http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/christopher-newport-university-3706.

(Photo from Giphy.com)

Most importantly, try not to feel too overwhelmed, and just enjoy the ride.