Meet Jack Taylor

SCA Student Liaison

Jack Taylor is optimistic about this coming year as he takes on the position of Student Liaison.  He’s involved in Feature Friday, the school yearbook, National Honors Society, and was the Vice President of Art Club for two years. He is looking forward to his leadership conference in November, which is an event where Student Council Associations from across the country assemble and discuss ideas and current events within the schools. He knows it’s going to be tough motivating students and keeping the school spirit alive past homecoming until the conference, but it’s a challenge he is ready for.

“It is a challenge that I’m willing to take because I have faith in what I’m doing.”

His role as copy editor of the yearbook gave him the chance to talk to students, see what they were thinking, and what they could do to improve the yearbook.  He believes that it prepared him for becoming Student Liaison because being Student Liaison is all about communication.

Q: What made you decide to join SCA?

A: “I wanted to do SCA to kind of give back to the community because I’ve done a lot of things with the school, so I felt like it was my time to kind of step up and really take charge of what’s happening and make it so other people have the same opportunities or even greater opportunities than I ever had.”

Q: What did you find interesting about the position of Student Liaison?

A: “I find it interesting how I am able to be and still remain so involved in the school.”

Q: What events are you most excited for this coming year as Student Liaison?

A: “I’m excited for my leadership conference; I feel passionately about it, so that’s what I’m the most excited for.”

Q: What are you the most worried about? Is there anything that concerns you?

A: “It’s really tough to kind of get people motivated for that {Leadership Conference} since SCA is usually mostly seniors and college apps are stressful and that’s going to be a challenge.”

Q: How did you come up with the homecoming theme (Dr. Seuss)?

A: “I know that we’re really going to try and make homecoming more accessible for the school and the people can feel like they can really be a part of it, and that was part of why we chose Dr. Seuss. People are easy to access it because it is a childhood book seriesish[sic] thing that people know and love so it’s something that everyone has knowledge about.

Q: Why did you decide to have the staircases decorated instead of the hallways?

A: “We want people to see all the work that Freshman Advisory Board, Sophomore Advisory Board, Junior Advisory Board, and Senior Advisory Board do throughout the homecoming week.  It gets taken down so fast that barely anyone gets to see it These stairwells are easier to keep up with and keep them up throughout the whole week.”

Q: Are there any other major changes being made for spirit week?

A: “Something that is changing that we didn’t have control of its that it’s on Columbus Day week, so there is only going to be three spirit days and then a color day. But I actually think that it’s going to be beneficial because each spirit day has more weight and more value.”

Q: What do you enjoy the most about being Student Liaison?

A: “It’s really nice to be in the central role of the school. I like how I’m able to really keep the soul of the school moving and keep everything fun, exciting and new. We can have the power to really make a positive change in the school and that’s what I love about it.”