Athlete of the Week 2/20

Fie’eiki stands on the platform holding her state medal from last year’s competition. She was to repeat her dominating performance this year. Photo courtesy of Charlotte Fie’eiki

Olivia Miller, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Congratulations to sophomore Charlotte Fie’eiki on her second state swimming title, and also for being named The Roar’s Athlete of the Week.

Fie’eiki has been swimming for 10 years and has obviously proven herself to be good at what she does. As a freshman on the Potomac Falls’ varsity swimming team, Fie’eiki won a state title in the 100-meter backstroke, and she came back this season stronger than ever, once again taking home the state title in the same event.

At the state meet, Fie’eiki competed in three events: 100-meter backstroke, 100-meter fly, 200 medley relay and the 400-meter fly relay.

This season has not only been very successful for Fie’eiki, but for the whole team.

“All three of our relay teams broke the school record which is really cool and something I’m very excited to say that I’ve been a part of,” said Fie’eiki.

Hats off to an amazing swimmer and teammate that the Potomac Falls swim team is lucky to have.

“Given that it was my second year on the team, I felt much closer to the team and confident in myself as a swimmer,” said Fie’eiki.