Night at the Falls Returns

The event returns to PFHS on April 15 with some of last year’s most loved activities and new surprises too

Night at The Falls (NATF) is returning this year and will feature food, vendors, dodgeball, a petting zoo and much more. Last year, the event made its return after more than a decade hiatus to celebrate the school’s 25th year anniversary. This year, NATF will be slightly scaled back but is still open to students, staff and the entire community. NATF is set for Saturday, April 15, from 4pm-10pm and will include local vendors, club booth games, and the SCA is hosting a dodgeball tournament and a petting zoo. 

The vendors currently set to be at NATF are Chick Fil A, Doughboy Creamery, Ridgetop Coffee, Kaiberry Cosmetics, several different jewelry vendors, OneTake Karate Studios, the International Student Exchange, and local artisan candle makers. The proceeds from the tables purchased by vendors will go into supporting Potomac Falls and the new student orientation this August. “The funds from vendors to reserve a table will go towards ordering PFHS shirts for incoming freshmen. This is important to us to ensure every student can show school spirit at no cost. Additional funds will go towards food and activity vendors for Fair at the Falls tailgate this fall,” said Michaela Ottenberg, PFHS Student Engagement and Activities Coordinator.

Many of the vendors participated last year, but there will be some new faces. PFHS clubs are also participating. “So far we have the following: vendors, face painting, a petting zoo, henna tattooing, homemade candles and crafts, and several jewelry vendors. Clubs will also be selling homemade baked goods and PFHS swag,” said Ottenberg. “We are welcoming clubs and community groups so there will be a lot to see and do.”

Registration for dodgeball teams is still open, and the cost pert team is just $10 if they register before Mar. 31. The first 16 teams to sign up for dodgeball will play in the SCA hosted tournament. It’s first come first serve, and students can sign up outside the cafeteria. “Dodgeball was a hit last year, and it’s an activity that has been highly requested among students, so we figured we would bring it back to get more people to come as well,” said SCA member Lily Jacobs. 

The tournament will start at 5pm and will feature teams of six to 10 players. 

SCA is also hosting a petting zoo. “We wanted to step out of the box, which is why our SCA member Shannon came up with the idea of a petting zoo,” Jacobs said.

“Mini goats and piglets will be the highlight of the petting zoo. Other farm animals too, but we don’t want to spoil any surprises,” said Ottenberg.