The student news site of Potomac Falls High School

The Roar

The Roar

The Roar

Five Movies Coming Out This Fall

As the summer comes to a close, and blockbusters like ‘Oppenheimer’ and ‘Barbie’ begin to leave theaters, space opens up for new films to take over social media as they come out this autumn. From ‘The Hunger Games’ prequel to a psychological thriller starring Jacob Elordi, there’s a wide range of genres covered, leaving something for everyone. Here’s five movies coming out fall 2023. 

1. Dumb Money (Sep. 15)

Based on a true story, “Dumb Money” follows the story of amateur stock traders that accidentally sabotage Wall Street and get rich by raising GameStop’s stocks. With a stacked cast consisting of Paul Dano, Pete Davidson, Shailene Woodley, Seth Rogen, Sebastian Stan, America Ferrera, and Nick Offerman, this comedy drama is sure to entertain. 

2. The Exorcist: Believer (Oct. 13)

Coming out in early October, this direct sequel to the original “Exorcist” film is perfect to watch around Halloween. “Believer” is “attempting to bring the franchise back to its original roots,” according to Collider. Ellen Burstyn will be making her return to the franchise after starring in the original film 1973. 

3. Five Nights at Freddy’s (Oct. 27)

For video games fans, there will be a film adaptation to the “Five Nights at Freddy’s” popular game series coming out right before Halloween. The movie is very similar to the video game’s storyline, following the new security guard’s first night on the job working at the haunted pizza shop with animatronics out to kill him. Will he be able to survive the night? 

4. The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (Nov. 17)

Years after the original “The Hunger Games” books came out, author Suzanne Collins released a prequel to the story in 2020. This film will explore President Snow’s, the antagonist of the original series, origin story and his rise to power. This film features Rachel Zegler, Tom Blythe, Hunter Schafer, Viola Davis, and Peter Dinklage and will be out in theaters on Nov. 17. 

5. Saltburn (Nov. 24)

During Thanksgiving week, the psychological thriller/mystery “Saltburn” will be released in theaters and will come out on Amazon Prime Video on Dec. 1. This film follows a lost Oxford student (Barry Keoghan) as he becomes infatuated with his classmate (Jacob Elordi) and spends the summer at his eccentric family’s estate. The movie has “an unreal sense of reality,” according to Entertainment Weekly. This gothic movie full of twists and turns features a talented cast of Keoghan, Elordi, Rosamund Pike, and Carey Mulligan.