The student news site of Potomac Falls High School

The Roar

The Roar

The Roar

Taylor and Travis: Tayvis

Dating rumors of popstar Taylor Swift and Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce have been blowing up the internet and social media. Are the rumors true? Will Travis be the 87 to Taylor’s 89?

The rumors started brewing after Kelce attended Swift’s Eras Tour concert over the summer. He shared with the public his attempt to get backstage to give her a friendship bracelet with his phone number on it. On his “New Heights” podcast that he co-hosts alongside his brother and Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce, Travis explained his disappointment, “I was disappointed that she doesn’t talk before or after her shows because she has to save her voice for the 44 songs she sings. She doesn’t meet anybody, or at least she didn’t want to meet me, so I took it personal,” said  Travis. 

With the Kelce brothers being active in the media, it wasn’t hard for interviewers to get some answers out of them. When you have a younger brother who is rumored to be dating the one and only Taylor Swift, you’re going to be asked lots of questions. During a “Thursday Night Football” postgame show, Jason was asked about the status of his brother and Swift. “I don’t really know what’s happening in Travis’ love life. I try to Keep his business kind of his business and stay out of that world,” Jason said. After saying that he added, “But saying that, I think he’s doing great and I think that it’s all 100% true.”

A couple weeks later when Travis made an appearance on “The Pat McAfee Show”, he shared that he had invited Swift to Kansas City, with hopes that she would come watch him play. “I told her that I’ve seen her rock a stage in Arrowhead and she might have to come see me rock the stage at Arrowhead,” said Travis. 

Then on Sunday, Sept. 24, Swift really did make an appearance at Arrowhead stadium to watch the Kansas City Chiefs take on the Chicago Bears. Swift was first spotted on the big screen in Travis’ suite sitting with Donna Kelce, Travis’ mom. It’s unclear what they were speaking about, but they looked like old friends having a great laugh. Back on the field, Travis could be seen staring at the stands supposedly searching for Swift. Then during the game, Travis scored a touchdown, and Swift’s reaction was nothing short of ecstatic. She was jumping up and down and banging on the glass window. 

As if this all wasn’t enough, after the game Travis and Swift were recorded leaving together. Later, the two were even spotted leaving the stadium together in Travis’ “Getaway Car” — pardon the reference. It was later revealed that Travis rented out an entire restaurant for a post-game celebration with his team and Swift. 

After the media got a chance to soak everything in, the Kelce brothers released another episode of the podcast on Sept. 27 where Travis addressed all the rumors. In a sneak peek of the episode, Travis said, “Yeah, my personal life— that’s not so personal. I did this to myself, Jason. I know this.” 

In the episode, Jason asked Travis how it felt that Swift had finally put Travis on the map. Travis responded by saying, “She looked amazing. Everyone was talking about her. It was definitely a game I will remember. We just slid off in the Getaway Car at the end.” 

He then concluded by saying how Swift is not in the media as much as him, and for now, he’ll just have to keep it at saying ‘‘alright nah’’ to any questions. 

For now, it sounds like whatever is going on between the two is going to be under wraps for a while, so it’s up to fans to come up with what they think the truth is.