The student news site of Potomac Falls High School

The Roar

The Roar

The Roar

Take a Trip Through Time This Homecoming Week

Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Homecoming 2023.

Homecoming is quickly approaching. Amidst all the dress shopping and dinner planning, PFHS’ Student Council Association has been planning a week of festivities for the whole school. Here’s a preview of what to expect this homecoming season, from spirit week to the dance itself.

The Student Council Association (SCA) announced this year’s homecoming theme as “A Trip Through Time.” The dance, spirit days, and hallway decorations will all fall under this theme. “History is something that is very important to the world and it usually defines a person, so we decided to go with this particular theme,” said SCA President senior Shannon Arias. The dance will feature ecstatic music, photo booths, including a Barbie Doll box, and a walkthrough of time in the dance’s entrance leading up to the gym doors.

Tickets for the dance are now available via the online payment portal at $15. A physical ticket is needed to get into the dance, so SCA will be outside the cafeteria during lunch shifts to distribute physical tickets to students who already purchased one online during the week of Oct. 10. Tickets will also be available for purchase for $20 at the SCA table that week. If a student is bringing a guest from another school, they need to pick up and fill out a permission slip from the main office and turn it into the SCA table when they pick up their physical tickets.

The homecoming dance will take place in the PFHS main gym on Oct. 14 from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. 

The week leading up to the dance will be filled with fun activities. Schools will be closed on Monday for the holiday, but the building will be open for class advisory boards to decorate their hallways. The rest of the week will consist of spirit days with mini pep rallies in the gym each day.

Tuesday is Neon Out. There will not be a pep rally on Tuesday due to the PSAT and senior meetings and activities, but still show up to school in your spirit wear.

Wednesday is Barbenheimer day. Represent one of the biggest movies of the year by wearing either pink or black.

On Thursday, dress as your favorite decade for Decades Day.

Friday is Traditions Day, so students should dress in their class colors for the main pep rally. Freshmen wear purple, sophomores wear gray, juniors wear white, and seniors wear black.

On Friday, the main pep rally will take place in the morning. Homecoming court will be announced at the pep rally and royalty will be announced at the football game that night. Fall sports will be recognized at the pep rally, along with a performance by the cheer team, and games containing participants from all grades. “The pep rally will be the most hype part of Homecoming week since it’s the thing people will look forward to during the school day,” said Arias. 

To end the day, the football team will face Briar Woods at the homecoming game after a tailgate in front of the school at 5 p.m. The kickoff is at 7 p.m. Homecoming court will be recognized during the game and royalty will be announced. 

Homecoming week is an exciting, busy week. Along with the PSAT taking place on Tuesday for underclassmen, and the panoramic being taken for seniors followed by a class meeting filled with information and college application help, the powderpuff football game will be on Wednesday night. PFHS students should get ready to take a trip through time as they celebrate Homecoming 2023.