The student news site of Potomac Falls High School

The Roar

The Roar

The Roar

Spooky Date Ideas With Your Boo

halloween+wallpaper
halloween wallpaper

With perfect crisp weather, tons of fall festivities going on, and everything being seasoned with exclusive pumpkin spice flavors, fall is the perfect season to spend time with your “boo” and your family and friends in general. Here are the top five local attractions to visit during the season. 

Cox Farms

Cox Farms located in Centreville, VA is the perfect place to hang out with friends, family, and people of all ages. Starting from Nov 6, you can enjoy a variety of activities including, slides, swings, animals, hayrides and so much more. Farm hours are 10:00-6:00PM which gives plenty of time to visit all the attractions. Admission ranges from $10-25 depending on the day and tickets are only provided through the Cox Farms website. The food truly ties the experience all together with apple cider donuts, caramel apples, apple cider, and kettle corn. Overall, Cox Farms is the perfect place to get in the fall spirit and enjoy the exclusive experience!

Fields of Fear

Fields of Fear, located in Centreville, VA is another very popular place amongst teens and anyone who is up for a real good scare. On the same grounds of Cox Farms, Fields of Fear brings a more spooky side to the fall season. Starting from Sept 22, every Friday and Saturday, Fields of Fear offers a variety of spooky attractions such as the “Firegrounds” where you can watch blazing fires, dance, and karaoke. The Dark Side Hayride which is the spookiest hayride you will ever go on. The Forest: Back 40 which is a duration of 1 mile including chainsaws, spiders and so much more. Lastly the “Cornightmare,” a haunted trail with jump scares that will make your skin crawl. Admission starts at $30-40 depending on the day and tickets have to be bought on the Fear of Fields website.

The field is open from 7:30-11:00PM.  If you’re not up for all of the spookiness Fields of Fear offers, an area with just food and campfire is also available. Food favorites include apple cider donuts, hot chocolate, spiced cider, kettle corn, root beer and nachos. 

Spooky night

For a more chill fall spooky night, hosting a spooky night with fall activities is the perfect way to spend a cozy night in. Baking Halloween treats, making ghost shaped pizzas, watching spooky movies, playing games, carving and painting pumpkins and even wearing matching spooky pajamas are all great ways to enjoy the autumn spirit at home. Make fun spooky invites to send to friends or family, and get everyone involved by bringing a treat or activity. A spooky night in is perfect for a low budget and stress free festivity.

Halloween Spooktacular

Located in Great Falls, VA, Halloween Spooktacular is a spooky festivity that offers free admission and is only open on Oct 31, the day of Halloween. The attractions at Village Centre Green include, their haunted house created by boy scouts, high school band performances, pet parade, costume contest, and trick or treating. It is a free community event to consider, especially if you don’t wanna spend Halloween trick or treating in empty neighborhoods. Hours start from 4:00-7:00PM and for more details visit the website. 

Pumpkin Village

Only 20 minutes from Sterling, you will locate “Loudoun’s Favorite Fall Festival” in Leesburg, VA. Pumpkin Village offers over 10 activities for all age groups including, hay maze, hill slides, wagon rides, and pumpkin pillow bounce. You can start enjoying it now until November 6th with the admissions starting at $14.95-22.95 depending on the day. Tickets are sold online if you plan to go on a weekday or holiday, and sold in person if you visit on non-holiday weekdays only. Give them a visit and see if it’s your “Favorite Fall Festival” in Loudoun.