The student news site of Potomac Falls High School

The Roar

The Roar

The Roar

3 Types Of Small Businesses To Support During The Holidays

As the holiday season ramps up, many look to multinational retailers to satisfy their cravings. However, there are plenty of places in the neighborhood to shop small at.

Food/Beverages:

Ridgetop Coffee

21631 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling, VA

Located in Sterling, Ridgetop Coffee and Tea was founded in 2017 to provide quality products to the local community through warm and cold beverages. Not only do they serve drinks, but they also serve baked goods and breakfast/lunch items. 

Local Provisions

46286 Cranston Street, Sterling, VA

Located in Cascades Marketplace, Local Provisions was founded recently by the Stebner family. Their goal is to be a casual neighborhood spot that also provides quality food and hospitality. They serve dinner during the week and a mix of breakfast/lunch during the weekends.

Zone Dessert Bar

45999 Regal Plaza #110, Sterling, VA

Located in Countryside, T. Zone Dessert Bar was founded in 2021. They are best known for serving a wide variety of bubble tea flavors, but also offer Vietnamese food and desserts. 

Shopping:

Muz & Rose

3 Loudoun St NW, Leesburg, VA

Located in Leesburg, Muz & Rose is an eco-conscious boutique supporting local and sustainable artists, brands, and designers. Founded in 2020, the boutique is meant to bring customers together and to focus on quality rather than quantity on clothing.

Birch Tree Bookstore

11 W. Market St, Leesburg, VA

Located in Leesburg, Birch Tree Bookstore is a woman-owned shop that provides more than just the newest books. They also host events, such as a wreath decorating workshop, and book clubs dabbling in different genres, such as mystery/suspense or romance.

Brick & Mortar

34 S. King St, Leesburg, VA

Located in Leesburg, Brick & Mortar is a home goods store that offers clothing, accessories, and gifts, often mixed with a little humor. They also host events, such as Writers’ Talks and live music. 

Entertainment:

Cox Farms

15621 Braddock Rd, Centreville, VA

Located in Centreville, Cox Farms is a family-operated business that hosts popular seasonal events and tours of the farm. Known for their Fields of Fear during Halloween, they are currently hosting a Christmas market until mid-December.

The Great Xscape

21100 Dulles Town Cir., Sterling, VA

Located in Dulles Town Center, The Great Xscape is a newly-established escape room with themed adventures, including Alice in Wonderland and Game of Thrones. The business is right across from Forever21.

Axes and O’s

21680 Ridgetop Cir. Suite 125, Sterling, VA

Located in Sterling, Axes and O’s is the only ax-throwing entertainment venue in Loudoun County. The goal of the business is to bring recognition to the sport. Individuals under 18 must be accompanied by a guardian.