Stepping in the Shadows

Freshmen and sophomore classes go to Monroe school for a shadow day.

Monroe Shadow Day, a day where freshmen and sophomores can learn about programs that C.S. Monroe Technology Center offers high school students. They offer a variety of programs like Administration of Justice, Computer and Digital Animation,  Welding and so much more. On Dec. 4, Potomac Falls students spent the day “shadowing” programs of their choice.  

Monroe has become a giant step for ambitious student to go into the careers they want because of Monroe’s interactive and hands on methods.  

Sophomore Tia Stajkowski spent the day shadowing Veterinary Science and Health and Medical Science.

“The overall experience was pretty amazing,” said Stajkowski. Stajkowski hopes for a career in neuroscience and she believes Monroe would be a great opportunity to start advancing into that career.

“It would really help my chances to get into a good college and medical school and eventually make a career out of it,“ said Stajkowski.

Getting accepted into Monroe would mean the loss of your extracurricular activities here at PFalls. However, the way freshmen John Le puts it that might not be such a bad thing.

“When I got back [here] everything felt mediocre. It opened my eyes to the all the things that Potomac Falls doesn’t offer,” said Le.   

The motto at Monroe is “When Life Gets Real” and with good reason as it incorporates current industry standards that make their curriculum realistic and valuable in the current job market.

“It gives you that first look into experiencing that career you want. I thought it was fantastic,” said Le.

Monroe Shadow day has given the opportunity to see what the school is all about and it helps show students what tools are out there to help achieve their goals.  

“I think it’s really important that the lower classmen look into it at least. So they have an understanding of what it is,” said Le.