The Prep for Prom

Preparations for prom have already begun and the students are ready to take on prom by storm

Prom is approaching upon us quickly and it’ll be here sooner than you know it. The junior and senior students of Potomac Falls are thrilled to be attending either their first or second prom event. With the anticipation of having a great time with friends, great music, and nice decor, hopefully the 2016 prom dance will meet these students’ expectations.

The three dance themes that the students can vote for are an enchanted forest, a vintage old hollywood, or a serene starry night. These creative themes have some of the students curious, being more inclined to attend the dance.

“I think that the Junior and Senior Advisory Board members  could get creative with these themes and could make the decorations look really nice,” said senior, Sara Derby.

The expectations of prom are quite high for seniors this year. Students are hoping that the dance will have admirable decorations as well as enjoyable snacks this year. Though some are hoping for more students to attend this year, everyone hopes that the great energy and excitement to still be there. Overall, seniors have a positive connotation about this dance for all that they know so far.

“I want it to be a fun night where a lot of people go, and since I am a senior, I want prom to be a final celebration together,” said Derby.

The juniors are also looking forward to attending their first prom. They have most of the same general expectations as the seniors appearance-wise, but they are more so looking forward to having the full experience, being their first prom.

“I want to remember the whole experience of having a great time with my friends. I don’t really know what else to expect right now because this will be my first prom,” said junior, Samantha Son.

According to the students, the key thing that makes prom night memorable is spending the night with close friends.The thrill of all of the preparation definitely gets the adrenaline running.The decorations, snacks, and picture booths are all great elements that also contribute to the fun of the event. Most students go to dinner and take nice pictures prior to attending the dance. All the little and the big things result into making prom significant for the students.

“I’m excited to see the decorations how everyone dresses up. I’m sure it will be a great night,” said junior, Molly Decarli.

All in all, prom night is meant to be a fun event for the students to create memories and enjoy the company of others. Hopefully the coordinators can create that type of welcoming social environment to meet the students’ expectations.

“Everyone remembers prom night, so I’m looking forward to having the whole experience,” said Decarli.