Meet Caitlin Schlosberg

SCA Treasurer

Caitlin Schlosberg making rice krispie treats for the home tailgate. The tailgate kept help a large crowd for the Falls Church win.

Caitlin Schlosberg, Student Counseling Association (SCA)  Treasurer,  and all of SCA have been hard at work all summer and are now preparing for homecoming. School dances are a major role for SCA and they are ready to get started. In addition to doing all the school dances, SCA is also responsible for planning pep rallies, getting more students involved in the community, and new this year, all home game tailgates.

Q&A with Caitlin Schlosberg

Q: What made you want to run for SCA?

A: “I wanted to help with school spirit, and make a major improvement with the pep rallies. I also ran because I thought some of my ideas would help out our SCA.”

Q: What are you trying to improve with SCA?

A: “I think we didn’t do a great job with the pep rallies so I wanted to work on that and wanted to get the students and the community more involved.”

Q: What does SCA do in class everyday?

A: “Everyday we work on the pep rally ideas, games for the pep rallies, and stairwell decorating. It’s a lot of fun and we all work really well together.”

Q: What made SCA decide on using Dr. Seuss as the homecoming theme?

A: “We thought students could have a lot of different ideas that could go along with the Dr. Seuss theme. [Dr. Seuss] has wrote so many books like Cat in Hat, one first, two fish, red first, blue fish, the lorax, so it gives all the classes a lot of different ideas they can do.”

Q: How do you think the first pep rally went?

A:  “I think it went well, better than expected considering it was the first one of the year. We had one fall out with the microphone not working but besides that I think we did a great job and we can still improve”

Q:  What do you want to do to improve the pep rallies?

A: “We need to improve on time management because we had one more game planned but we went over on the time.”

Q: What is your role in SCA?

A: “Me and my partner Josie Roberts do stairwell decorating and student recognition.”

Q: Why did SCA assume responsibility for the home game tailgates this season?

A: “Because we only had a limited amount of [home] games,  so it was easier for SCA to take all responsibility,”