Chale Jacks Swims in Success

Excellence in Education recipient, senior Chalé Jacks, verbally commits to D1 Davidson College to continue academic and swimming success. 

Over her high school career, senior Chalé Jacks has built a distinguished reputation for herself in both the academic and sports worlds. Her dedication to the pool and her studies landed her a spot in one of the top schools and college swim teams in the country. 

Jacks started swimming competitively 10 years ago on the Countryside Waves summer swim team. She would later join year-round team, Nation’s Capital Swim Club, where she would see significant improvements in her performance. “It was one of the best decisions for my swim career,” said Jacks. Jacks continues to swim on NCAP, where she practices seven to nine times a week before and after school. 

Jacks has competed in many major swim meets throughout her career, including the 2019 NCSA Junior National meet in Orlando, Florida. She holds one individual and three relay records on the PFHS varsity swim team and has finaled at every high school state meet since her freshman year. “Being able to be a part of a team and breaking records with some of my closest friends has to be the best,” said Jacks. 

Aside from being a nationally ranked athlete, Jacks has also managed to stay on top of her high school class. Jacks was recognized early December at the LCPS Excellence in Education banquet for being in the top five percent of her class. 

Jacks has recently announced a verbal commitment to Davidson College, a Division One school in North Carolina. “On my official [visit], I knew Davidson was the one,” said Jacks. “It was like the school was made for me.” The positive team environment and emphasis on education is what Jacks feels pushed her to further her swim career with the school.  

Jacks hopes to pursue a degree in psychology and neuroscience at Davidson. She believes that the new team will help her continue to improve her performance in the pool, and her time management skills will continue to help her be successful as a student-athlete.