Spring Sports Preview: Boys JV Lacrosse

Now that tryouts for our junior varsity (JV) lacrosse team are finally over, the boys are working harder than ever to be the best they can be throughout the spring season.

“We recently finished tryouts, so we are doing lots of drills and generic lacrosse IQ type things to learn more about the game, and what to do during different game situations, such as passing,” said sophomore Ahmed Adam.

Though the boys are doing their best to work hard, Loudoun County High School is currently posing the biggest threat to the boys, and was even their first game of the season.

Every team has key players that everyone keeps an eye out for when sitting and watching a game that benefit and build the team, no matter what sport it is.

“[Our key players this year is] probably the people who are returning from last year because they understand and have more practice,” said Adam.

The team has very skilled returning players, but there are some freshmen players hoping to make an impact this season such as: Thomas Hjort, Devin Schneider, and Caleb Roberts.  

If the team does not work well together, they will get distracted and not perform as expected during games or even practice. Although this is not the case of the Potomac Falls lacrosse boys.

“Yeah I believe since tryouts we do work well and have grown to one another, and that this will benefit us in future games,” said freshman Samuel Hudgens.

The boys work well and hard, but everyone needs support for that extra motivation during the games. Just the smallest cheer could make the biggest difference for the game’s outcome.

“I think it improves the way we play when people come and support us,” said Hudgens.

Other key games to attend are:

Briar Woods 4/5

Tuscarora 4/12

Loudoun Valley 4/8

See the JV boys schedule here:

http://potomacfallsathletics.org/main/teamschedule/id/20902/seasonid/4046513